Friday 2 February 2018

Readings in Newcastle and Huddersfield

I've got two readings coming up next week: Newcastle on Wednesday 7th February and Huddersfield the following evening. Here are the details!

Red Squirrel Press organise an annual fundraiser in aid of the Lit & Phil in Newcastle. This year, it'll be taking place on Wednesday 7th February at the Literary and Philiosophical Society of Newcastle upon Tyne, entry 3 pounds, starting at 7 p.m. I'm very grateful to Sheila Wakefield for the invitation to read as the guest poet at this event alongside Red Squirrel poets/authors Tom Kelly, Ellen Phethean and Colin Will.

On Thursday 8th February, meanwhile, I'll be reading at Albert Poets in Huddersfield with Stephanie Bowgett, who kindly invited me, Anthony Costello  and Mandy Sutter. This reading will take place at The Albert in Victoria Lane from 8 p.m. onwards. On this occasion, entry is free.

I'm looking forward to exploring interesting places, as well as seeing lovely people I've only ever met over the internet. What's more, I'm relishing the chance to read at two iconic venues that are packed with poetry history in very different ways...!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Matthew

    I'm pleased to see that your book is still very much in demand. I also hope that you are on the receiving end of some generous expenses!

    Best wishes from Simon R Gladdish

    ReplyDelete